Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Yo Ho Yo Ho!

I've had a great week. I'm sorry it's been a while since my last post. This has been a busy week.
For the last three day's I've been working on Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial. I have really grown to love this show. There are two actors. One plays Jack Sparrow and one plays his first mate, Mack. The costume and make up dept have done an awesome job on this show. There are three different Jacks and three different Macks. The three Jacks look great. One, Steven (My favorite) looks just like J. Depp. Jack and Mack have a little scene, then they invite four kids up on stage to teach them how to Sword Fight. This show is so Fun. Then they invite ten more kids up on stage and they induct them into Jack's Crew. The Kids Love It! During yesterday's show, a kid looked Jacked right in the eye and said, "You Look Just Like Jack Sparrow!!!" Jack looked him in the eye and didn't miss a beat and said, "That's because I am Jack Sparrow!"

My job is to run the audio for this show. The entire show is ran from a tablet. It's pretty cool. We have a back up system that is a traditional sound cage, but I've not had to use that yet.

Working here at Disney has been a dream come true to me. I love to wake up every morning, and go to work. This is the best feeling in the world. I did have a little bit of home sickness this week. It kinda came out of no where. I was just driving home from work, and I really missed my friends and family.

My Mom and her friend Michelle just landed. They're going to be here for about a week. I'm really looking forward to spending some time with them and showing them around my new town.

Life Is So Good!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so so happy for you! Give Jack my love and I wish I were coming out there to be able to experience your intense happiness with you and first hand!

    ReplyDelete