Thursday, January 5, 2012

Texas!



I've been in Texas for the last 30 hours or so, and I have to say I really like it. The people are really friends, the BBQ is amazing, and the scenery is great.


A few things I've seen in Texas that I've Loved:


1. Cowboy Stadium. This thing is Huge! HUGE!! I turned south on the highway coming down from Amarillo, and you look to your left, and you can see the roof of the stadium. You're probably a good 20 miles away, and you see it standing above the tree line. Once I saw it, I knew I had to drive over and see it in person. It's really a beautiful stadium. If I lived in the Dallas area, I think I would like that Six Flags, Cowboy Stadium, and the Rangers Ballpark are all close to each other. Funny thing: There is the nicest Wal-Mart I've ever seen across the street from Cowboy Stadium, and the place was packed. I got my Tire Pressure checked there.


2. The Pancho-Panda. It's a Mexican/Chinese Restaurant in Tyler, Tx. It made me laugh. Would be perfect if your kids were picky eaters.


3. Dalhart High School's Football Stadium in Dalhart, Tx. First thing to know is, Dalhart Texas has a population of 307. The football Stadium was roughly the same size of SUU's. Not not kidding. It was Huge!


4. The people here are really nice. No one being super grumpy in traffic on the free way. Everyone looks you in the eye. Everyone is just friendly.


5. The BBQ! I had dinner at a place called Rudy's. The BBQ was great and well priced! My dad's peach cobbler is better though.


Tomorrow, New Orleans!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I knew you were coming through my neck of the woods! I would have loved to see you, even for just 10 minutes. If Dallas is on another road trip, please take driving break at my house! I'm glad you made it to Disney okay! Good luck friend!

    ReplyDelete