Monday, January 16, 2012

Another Training

I had another day of training today. We met at the S.E.T.S. center. This is a huge warehouse hidden from guests view. It has all kinds of equipment in it. Our trainer today was great. Her name is Barbara L, and she's been at Disney since 1990. She is the Entertainment Trainer.

There are 4 interns selected for our program. They are Jeremy, Shelby, Aaron, and me. We are from all over. We also have been working with Jared. He's a new Full Time Tech at Hollywood Studios.

I got a lot of information on our program today. We will work in each of the four parks over the next four months. I got my first assignment. I'm the Tech on Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial. I don't know a lot about this experience. Jack and a friend put the kids in a semi circle and train them on the ways to be a good pirate. It should be a lot of fun.

I really appreciated the training today. We spent 3 hours on some computers doing safety training. (I got to wear a harness today) After that, we spent 4 hours going from park to park and learning where to go back stage. Where the Tech Offices and Show Support Warehouses are.

I had a great day. I really feel like I'm getting paid to do a whole lot of training for the next four months. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment