Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Show Support!

I have the coolest job in the world. But I have the hardest job to blog about in the world.

On my very first day as a Disney Cast Member, I signed a massive document on confidentiality. I had no idea how this would affect every day of my work life. We're hosting a VIP Special Event tomorrow. (You might hear about it on the news.) This has been taking up a lot of energy at the Entertainment Dept.

Yesterday, I spent the day with Stacey M. She is the in charge of Props for all of Magic Kingdom, and she's also a Manager. We spent the first 3 hours of the day getting ready for the event. After that, we spent 4 hours touring the back stage areas of MK and Studios. I had a blast yesterday.

Today I spent at Show Support. This crew is the center point for all tech equipment at MK. All 4 parks have their own Show Support. So, let's say that there is a need for a special event. Show support builds all the tech requirements that the "Designers" request. It's a lot of fun. I started this morning at 5:50. The day went really fast, and we had pick ups and drop offs at all 3 of the other parks. The crew is really nice and they are really helpful. I'm with them tomorrow as well.

Tonight, I went back to the park. I watched Dream Along With Mikey (DAWM). I love this show. All of the children's faces light up. They sing a long, dance along, and shout with Mikey. And, there are fireworks. I also saw Disney's Electric Parade for the first time. This Parade Is Awesome! That first Tinkerbell float comes around the corner, and you can't help but dance. It was so much fun. Then I watched The Magic The Memories and You, which is a Projection show. Then Wishes, which is the nightly firework show.

I have the best job in the World!

Next week is Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial and DAWM! AND!!! AND!!!! MY MOM WILL BE HERE ON TUESDAY!

Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment