Sunday, January 29, 2012

Um . . . You Bet.

I'm really loving this gig. There are so many things to be grateful for about this job.
1. All of my break rooms are air conditioned.
2. I get regular breaks.
3. I'm getting paid to have this much fun. Most Tech Internships are unpaid, or they are $100 a week.
4. I get Free Poweraid anytime I want it.
5. I'm getting paid to learn.
6. It's my job to make sure kids have fun.

I LOVE THIS GIG!

Yesterday I was assigned to Dream Along With Mickey. This is also known as the Castle Show. There are seven positions on this show. Two of the positions are follow spots. One of the follow spots called in yesterday, so at lunch my crew chief let me know that one of the spots had called out, and they needed me to run one of the spot cues.

This is all good and grand, but I'VE NEVER RAN A SPOT BEFORE!!! I simply told my crew chief, "You Bet!" About 20 minutes later the stage manager came up to me to let me know that I was for sure dong the cue. She asked me if I wanted to dry run the 5:15 show. I responded yes, maybe a little too energetically.

But, I did it. I did three great shows. I didn't miss a single cue. It Felt Great! One of the best nights I've had.

This week, I'm working on Parades, The Welcome Show, and Wishes. It's going to be a great week!

1 comment:

  1. i use sitemeter ,but do you think it is really accurate?Wow great articale.I will try this ,thanks.
    928bet

    ReplyDelete