Monday, January 9, 2012

Florida







I've neglected this blog for a few days.


First, I'm so glad to be in Florida, and not be driving for 8 hours every day. That got old!


I'm looking at two apartments tomorrow. One is in Windemere; the other is in Kissimmee. I hope that I like one of the two, and that I can move in tomorrow or Wednesday.


I am so ready to get to work. I've not been to work in ten days now, and it's killing me. I'm So Bored! I report to my job Thursday at Noon. That's a little more than two days. I can make it.


I decided to take a test drive of Disney today. I drove through the property twice. THIS PLACE IS MASSIVE! Everyone warned me how big it is, but it's really big. The fact that there are seven highways in the property should give you pretty good insight.


I spent two hours at Downtown Disney tonight. This place is pretty cool. How to describe it. It's really just an outdoor mall that is leased out from Disney. I would say 20% of the shops are Disney shops, and the other 80% are outside companies. Mostly restaurants. The energy/vibe of this place was just what I needed to get me ready to go to work. I walked through the shop of La Nouba. That's Cirque's resident show here in Orlando. I went through a huge Cirque phase a few years ago. This show looked pretty cool. BUT, the tickets are outrageously expensive. IE, I could fly to NYC for the same price as a ticket to that show.


I think I'm really going to like Orlando. So far the people are nice, there is lots to do, and the weather is great.


Must See of Downtown Disney: The Lego Sculptures!

1 comment:

  1. So pleased to hear that the journey is going well. How did the apartments go? Did either work out for you? I do look forward to hearing about your first day at work. It'll most certainly be an adventure.

    ReplyDelete